Cold Weather Necessities
I've dealt with all different types of winter weather including Alaskan winters, midwestern winters, southern 'winters' and New England winters. A New England winter means snow, snow, and more snow. So here are my must haves to get me through the winter months.
- A LONG winter jacket. My favorite is from The North Face. The Women's Arctic Parka II is my favorite and similar to mine. I love the warmth of this coat and I love the heavy hood it provides. It is an investment but it will last you forever.
- Winter Boots! My favorite boots are my UGG Adirondack Boot II. These are so warm, stylish, and comfortable that I forget I'm wearing seriously sturdy and waterproof winter boots. Definitely a must have for those snowy, muddy, and rainy days.
- Body Lotion: Aveeno Active Naturals Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm. I discovered this stuff when Beckett had dry skin issues and I saw the magic and decided to use it on my poor sad winter skin and it literally transformed my skin.
- Wool socks! My favorite are from Woolrich and the quality is evident. These wool socks keep your tootsies nice and warm during those frigid days and nights.
- Warm Winter Beanie. My new favorite is the Sepp Beanie from Herschel. This baby is thick and warm and will do wonders keeping you noggin warm during the winter.
- Gloves. This Vermont weather is too harsh for cutesie gloves, yes they are cute but invest in gloves that will get the job done! The North Face Power Stretch Glove is ideal for this job, these babies get the job done and are lightweight!
- Infinity scarf. This scarf will change your life, made by Cuddlduds this scarf is soft and warm and a staple in my winter wardrobe.
- Chapstick! Chapped lips always appear the day the weather turns brisk. Hydration only does so much in these rough winter conditions. I always resort to Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm. This stuff also has SPF which is awesome for those outdoor winter activities.
- Moisturizer: Ursa Major Golden Hour Recovery Cream. This stuff is a godsend and it truly fights off chapped dry skin.
So there they are, my cold weather necessities. What are your winter must haves? Leave a comment below and let me know!!!