Recipes to Try: Sugar & Spice Gingerbread Cookies
Christmas is around the corner which means holiday baking is in full swing! I love trying new recipes and finding new favorites to add to my collection. I stumbled upon this delicious Sugar 'n' Spice Cookie recipe in the December 2017 edition of Family Circle. These cookies have the perfect amount of spice and sweetness and the aroma of them baking is UNREAL! I plan on making this recipe with my gingerbread cookie cutter and adding them to my Christmas cake as a touch of spice and for esthetic purposes. When I went to finally snap pictures of these I only had 3 left, between my hungry husband and my mom these disappeared quickly! Let me know what you guys think!
Sugar 'n' Spice Gingerbread Cookies
Makes 4.5 Dozen
Prep 15 minutes
Bake at 375 for 10 minutes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (I used Kerrygold)
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus more for coating
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, combine first 6 ingredients.
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter, sugar and egg with an electric mixer on medium speed until pale and creamy, about 5 minutes. Add molasses and beat thoroughly. Add dry ingredients and beat on low until dough is moist and well combined.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls, then roll them in granulated sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes.
- Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.