Places to Go: Shelburne, Vermont
Along the shores of Lake Champlain lies the charming village of Shelburne. Shelburne is a suburb of Burlington and hosts many attractions that are ideal for travelers of all ages. Visitors will find friendly locals, stunning landscapes, delightful fare, and educational museum tours in Shelburne. Keep reading if you’d like to find out more about this beautiful Vermont town.
Things to do in Shelburne:
- Shelburne Museum: Located on 45 expansive acres in the heart of Champlain Valley, Shelburne museum is a must see for travelers. Mrs. Webb, founder of Shelburne Museum, described the museum as ‘a collection of collections.’ With 39 distinct structures that were collected and relocated to Shelburne museum from all over New England, including houses, barns, a lighthouse, a jail, a covered bridge, and even a steamboat. Mrs. Webb collected other things as well which can be found on display at the museum. For info on Shelburne museum click here, and for info on tickets and hours click here.
- Shelburne Vineyard: For those travelers without children, hop on over to Shelburne Vineyard for a wine tasting. Shelburne Vineyard offers tours that take you through their process of turning grapes into wine in their eco-friendly winery. Shelburne Vineyard is open 7 days a week for wine tastings. Wine + beautiful scenery= no brainer. Go check them out here!
- Shelburne Farms: If you’re looking to educate yourself on building a sustainable food system and possibly purchasing some delicious food, then Shelburne Farms is for you. Shelburne Farms offers 4 tours that are perfect for families! Click here to learn more about the tours!
- Vermont Teddy Bear Factory: FAMILY FRIENDLY ALERT! This is the perfect place for those visiting Vermont with children. Click here to find out more about tours, hours, and pricing. The Vermont Teddy Bear Factory handcrafts and meticulously designs teddy bears for everyone young and old.
- Shelburne Country Store: You can’t stop in Shelburne without visiting the historic Shelburne Country Store. There’s something for everybody at this original historic store. With penny candy, mouth-watering fudge, and Vermont made gifts you won’t be able to leave empty-handed. For more information click here!
Places to Stay in Shelburne:
- Heart of The Village Inn: If you’re looking for a charming Victorian B&B you’ve found it! Complimentary welcome drinks & chocolates, gourmet breakfast, Wi-Fi, parking, and discounts to other Shelburne amenities you’d be silly not to stay at Heart of The Village Inn. Check them out here!
- Inn at Shelburne Farms: If you loved the idea of visiting Shelburne Farms, why not stay there? Built by a Vanderbilt, the majesty of the preserved home is unlike any other accommodations nearby. Click here for more information! The Inn is only open through October, so book soon!
Places to Eat in Shelburne:
- Rustic Roots: They had me at ‘craft eatery,’ oh and the delicious food. Vermonters expect more out of their food, meaning they want locally sourced ingredients, and Rustic Roots is no exception. I recommend eating here for lunch and enjoying their roasted roots salad, with pumpkin seeds, Gorgonzola, and truffle vinaigrette, you won’t be disappointed. Find this delicious restaurant here!
- Barkeaters: Looking for traditional Adirondack-inspired food? Look no further than Barkeaters. This cozy restaurant is a favorite dinner location for our family. I highly recommend either their cedar planked salmon with a sweet potato hash and mango-apple chutney, or their Lobster and Crab Truffle risotto. Check out this NOM worthy restaurant here.
- Village Wine & Coffee: This is not necessarily a place to eat; however you can grab a delightful cup of coffee (& pastry) while chatting about wine and discovering new wines from all around the world. Village Wine and Coffee is a specialized wine shop that stocks wines that are biodynamic or farmed organically. They also offer weekly wine events that include tastings. Make sure to check them out here!
Shelburne Vermont is a diverse town that offers a good time for all types of travelers. Make sure to check out these places and let me know what you think! Also, like my Facebook page and follow me on Instagram!